Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The long road to really quitting cigarettes; in the mean time I'll forego the smokes til I get there

I thought I'd get over the pull of my cigarette smoking within a half year...

As Ralph Cramden would say; "Hardee Har, har, har."




I have been off the cigarettes for two years and ten months, and at the age of fifty seven, I am in no rush to collect lots of years of non-smoking.

The road is sometimes still very tough (not nearly as often) --it's an inside thing...it's about feelings sometimes, state of mind at other times.

But bit by bit, my mind is being reformed into a non-smoking (I don't like to say that too loudly, after all, it has been a slow and painstaking letting go--in which clarity and heroic gumption were absolutely missing!)

I didn't believe I could quit smoking, too old, too tired, a habit too long, it's a part of me forever, I thought...til the day I die, I thought.

Somehow I made it through, and of course just for today, I'm off the butts.

To all in the process of quitting, thinking of quitting, or maintaining the quit, safe journey to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment