Saturday, July 30, 2016

Note to self; don't forget to quit smoking

Mission Impossible



  
 I made this note as a strategy list for my tapering/quitting the cigarettes in Sept 2013. At that point, I was on my last carton, and my quit date was to arrive when the last smoke was smoked. The note is now a mile marker-- written about two years and eleven months ago.
  When I scribbled this,  I had no idea if I could/would quit--no doubt I was mentally wringing my hands, and deeply worried that would turn tail as soon as quitting got difficult. 

Yet, in spite of the stress of quitting, these days, I feel so relieved to see that I made it past my desire to quit smoking and deeper into not smoking as a way of life. Fussing and lost at times.
  There are lots of quitters just like me who felt crazy for a while. Cigarette smoking is not a simple habituation that one can so blithely walk away from; many struggle to quit and stay quit. So to those hoping they can, those new to quitting, those like me wanting to stay quit another day, "Fight for it, we can do it yes we can, if we can't do it, nobody can...hey, hey, ho, ho...fight for it, we can do it, yes...etc."

     Breath deep, onward.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment