Monday, June 19, 2017

If I quit will I ever get used to not smoking?

My mind has healed a great deal since I quit. Thank God! Smokes are hardly on my mind anymore, though eternal vigilance is something I'll hold onto til I'm gone. I expect that year by year, whatever remains of the attachment as it stands today, will fade til nearly invisible--as good as gone.

I'm functional in a more positive way today versus three years ago. And it is no longer necessary for me to dwell on cigarettes, or stew, or wonder, or fuss about the mess of quitting. Still there is always something to do to make my quit sturdier and sturdier. I quit with a very narrow margin of yes motivation. I just want to keep working my way to even greater detachment from a once all important habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment