Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Portrait of Smoking

I Remember



This montage includes notes and records of my smoking history for over 10 years. I started counting my daily smokes when I ended up in an emergency room coughing up a lot of stuff from my lungs in Jan 2003. The doctor listened to my lungs, asked the inevitable question; Do you smoke? I said yes. He said,"You will have emphysema if you do not quit." I said nothing. But I remembered.

I quit October 2 2013...so it took about ten years from that moment in front of the doc in the emergency room to the moment that I, as it turned out, would say goodbye to the cigarettes.


I tried once in 2009 on the spur of the moment. Even bought nicorette gum. I lasted 12 hours.


I keep these quit records as reminders of my smoking life.

No comments:

Post a Comment